Nathaniel was pouty and disobedient most of yesterday, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has a headache from the altitude, maybe he is tired, maybe.....then when Ben came home, Nathaniel was obedient, helpful, and pleasant...to him. So this morning, after a few more episodes, it was time to reestablish myself as the boss. As I was holding my crying, kicking, hitting 4 year old, I thought, "I hate this! I am a horrible mother!" And after I won the contest of wills and he looked up at me though his tears and said, "OK, Mommy, you're the boss. I'll get in my carseat now", I realized it's my responsibility to be in charge.
And I was struck by my need, every morning, to struggle to lay down my own will and tell my Heavenly Father, "You're the boss."
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this blog, Jess. You have insightful thoughts to share.
Thanks!
=)
Thanks, Jen.
Post a Comment