
Today we packed up and left Crested Butte. There are a lot of reasons to be happy: Ben passed his class and will take the EMT-Basic exam on Friday morning. He completed the task and is one step closer to a new career. We have always wanted to live in a mountain town, so we can cross that off the “bucket list”. We stayed safe, made some new friends, had no major glitches, grew closer as a family, and Ben and I each grew personally as we faced the new challenges.
But, as we drove out of town, I felt sad. I will miss this crazy town where everyone rides a bike, no one locks it up, and there’s a bike rack in front of every store (and most houses).
I will miss the cozy two story stone library with toys for Abby, computer games for Nathaniel, and Wi-Fi for me.
I will miss the camaraderie of the campground.
Dusty, washboarded dirt roads, where everyone nods or waves as they pass.
Snow storms in June.
Clark’s market.
The creek.
Meadows full of dandelions.
Waterfalls.
Sniff.
Rosy retrospect is setting in already.
No comments:
Post a Comment